Monday, 9 February 2009

Hello and welcome to Jessie and the Giant Plate!

I'm the Jessie of the title, I am originally from Yorkshire but currently reside in Chengdu, Sichuan Province, China, where I study Chinese.

Though I've always been a great food enthusiast, I've recently found myself becoming more and more obsessed with food; at the same time, I have also found myself becoming increasingly addicted to reading food blogs. From reading these blogs (whose writers seem to be having so much fun), I've realised that I too could turn my obsession with food into something productive. So, I've decided to join in the game and start writing a blog of my own!

Though obviously still in it's infancy, I plan for the focus of this blog to be primarily (but not exclusively) Chinese food, and the myriad ways in which culture interacts with what we eat.

The name 'Jessie and the Giant Plate' was suggested by my friend Katy, in homage to Roald Dahl's book 'James and the Giant Peach' - and, in her words, to reflect my insatiable appetite.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jessie, fellow Chengdoodlian. Great blog, thanks for invite to read, you can please read my too! Love your big plate, makes me smile when I look at it. I will follow your blog with interest and gladly talk food anytime we might meet here in Chengdu. Didn't I see you when Fuschia was at the Bookworm? Man man chi!

    ReplyDelete